Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone

I hope your day was better than mine. I don't know how or what Leprechaun I managed to p.o, but he certainly made his anger known. Today was one of those days where if something could go wrong it did. It was this terrible one thing after the other that just kept kicking me while I was down.
I'll start off with the worst, I lost an E-bay auction. Like usual I was sniped at the last second. I re-bid with ten seconds left to go, ended up being the high bidder again, but I guess I left enough time for the other bidder to one up me again, and not enough for me to go higher. It sucks, and I really hate that practice. I know it's a perfect legitimate way to play the game (blah, blah, blah), but I just think it it's a pretty sucky way to win. I'd rather know I have the competition than have someone join in at the last fifteen minutes. So I'm mad about that, but I know I only have myself to blame, I do get too invested in these things. I'm trying to think about the big picture of things, but sometimes I don't want to have to be the bigger person. Just let me be small and petty, other E-bay user, you suck!
I also did some sewing today. It was an idea for Skipper. I liked it, I drafted the pattern, I made a test garment, I liked that, I picked out some vintage fabric for it, I cut it out, I made it, and I hated it. I was hoping for a 60's look, but it ended up more in the 70's. And to make matters worse, it ended up being far too tight. There was no way I was going to be able to make it close in the back. I'm really not sure how that happened. The test piece managed to close in the back, so I don't know why this one can't. So I'm unable to use it. Which is pretty common around here for one reason or another, but I'm pretty annoyed that I used vintage fabric for it since it's totally unusable. Just add that to the reasons why today was so dreadfully terrible.
I also noticed something really upsetting about my machine. I was re-threading it when the spool just fell off the machine. Curious I picked it up, it had never done that before. For some reason the oddest thing had happened. The spoke that holds the thread was broken. Not actually the spoke, but whatever was holding it in place on the machine. It wasn't holding anymore and the spoke now just falls into the opening when it's in place. I have no clue how this happened, I didn't hear anything snap or anything, it just happened. Luckily there's a second spoke I can use, but if that ends up failing I don't know what I'm going to do. I'd either have to find someone who can repair it, or buy a new machine. I guess I should start keeping my eyes peeled for cheap machines, just in case. I just hope it doesn't have to come to that.

I can't wait for today to be over, it sucks, SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment