Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's a VERY Special Day!

Guess what? I had another pattern sell! Like last time, this wasn't one of the ones I most recently posted, it was one I posted two weeks ago. It was a mini skirt pattern, sold to a girl from France. Those french girls were always on the forefront of what was hip and happening in the fashion world! Normally right after a pattern sells I start getting it ready to go out into the mail, but not with this one, I had more pressing stuff to do this morning. It was my Mom's birthday!
I didn't have as much work to do as I could have had, I'd been chipping away what I needed to get done earlier in the week. I didn't mention it, but I've been wrapping presents the past few days. I wrapped what I got her first, and the rest I was doing as a favor to my father. And last night I made her birthday "cake". (It was actually a cheesecake mousse.) I told her I'd make whatever she wanted, and that's what she requested. So my morning wasn't as busy as it could have been. I did start setting up for the party and get everything in order.
We were having a lunch party, that way everyone could be there. (My brother has an evening class on Tuesdays). When we were done eating it was time for presents. I made sure she opened mine last. I can finally tell you what I got her, a video game. It's called "Professor Layton and the Mysterious Box", it's the second one in the series. It's a puzzle solving games, and she loves doing mind puzzles. She's had the first game for a while and beaten it, but never got the next one (It's actually been out since '09). She's not one to splurge on herself and just buy it, and nobody else remembers to get it for her when it's her birthday or Christmas. She was talking about wanting it for her birthday earlier in the month, and I decided to get it for her. I bought it a few days after she mentioned it, when I found the best price for it.
But I was sneaky, I didn't want to just give her the game, I wanted her to be surprised. If I gave her a wrapped game box I'm sure she'd know what she was getting. So I disguised it. I ended up borrowing one of her jewelry boxes that had a pair of earrings in them that someone else had given her. I took the game cartridge out the game case, and put it in the box, underneath the earrings. So when she opened it up, she'd see the earrings, and then I could insist she put them on and she'd find the game underneath. And my little trick worked perfectly! She thought I gave her earrings! Silly mom, I know you never wear earrings, I gave you a game! She was very happy to get it, she's been playing it all afternoon. And now I know something to get her for the next holiday, there's at least two more games in the series she doesn't have yet.
When the party was over I ended up going out. I wanted to go out and get that pattern into the mail, I won't be able to get to the post office for the next couple of days so if I didn't do it today it would have to wait. I did stop in at a couple other places while out, but I didn't find anything that I wanted. I did see a vintage Ken while I was out that came with a Ken case, but they both were in terrible shape and they wanted 24 dollars for both of them. I don't pay that much for a good condition Ken, much less one that's been through the ringer. But I got the pattern into the mail, and that's a good thing!
When I was back at home, I knew I should be working on the patterns, but I didn't feel like it. Instead I did some cleaning, and did some more fashion research. Patterns can wait until tomorrow, I'm just not in the mood...

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: Congratulations to your mother for her birthday. Glad she liked your present. You did well not to buy the pair of Ken because they were really expensive. keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete