Friday, March 16, 2012

Restock!

I woke up super late this morning. I'm a little embarrassed to say how late, but I'll say this, if I slept an hour more I wouldn't have been able to say the "this morning" part of my first sentence. I was passed out! And I really did need it. I've been having sleep troubles again, and this was the first time in several days that I managed to actually make any progress in catching up on my missed sleep. So while I'm glad that I slept in, I know it's going to bite me in the backside tonight. I'm sure I won't be able to sleep at a decent hour. But you know what? I'm not going to dwell on it, I finally woke up feeling well rested.
Even though I was feeling more awake than usual, I didn't feel like doing anything. No pattern postings, no doll sewing, nothing, nada, zip! And so I didn't. I should have posted patterns, but doing six yesterday really burned me out. I did manage four days of getting them posted this week, so that's good. I even had one sell late last night, to a buyer in Canada. I did manage to get it all packed up for shipping. I made myself do that because I was going out today, and wanted to get it off into the mail the first chance I got.
I also had a few other places to go while out. One of the most important ones was Hobby Lobby. Yes, I'm going back in there again, but for a dire purpose. I'm very close to running out of white thread. And if I do run out of white thread, I'm going to be very cranky until I get some more. So I wanted to go and get some more before I officially ran out so I'd never actually be out. I bought the big spool of thread, and used the forty percent off coupon to make it more cost effective. Pretty standard purchase, so I'm not going to bother adding a picture. I also bought another thing at Hobby Lobby, some 1/8 white ribbon. The other day I used up the last of what I had and knew that I was going to need it again at some point so I wanted to stock up on it when I was in the store. I only was going to buy it if it was on sale this week, but ribbon by the spool was half off. I didn't get the exact same one as I normally did. They had it, and I planned on getting it, but as I was leaving the fabric section I was walking past the wedding section I had this feeling I had wanted to check something out in that section but couldn't remember what I was thinking of. Since I had time to kill I decided to look around. I ended up finding that section's ribbon display. Since there's a certain type of ribbon I'm looking for I checked what they had. I didn't find the ribbon I was looking for, but I found something that made me put back the ribbon spool I had in my hand. In this section they also had 1/8 white ribbon, it was a different company, but looked basically the same as the other one. But with this one was 75 feet compared to 18. I was expecting that it was going to be more expensive, but it was also 1.99, and half off. Of course I was going to get the 75 yards one, I'd be foolish not to. I haven't opened it yet, but when I do I'll let you know if the ribbon is the same as the one I used to get. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a cheaper ribbon, but for 53 more yards for the same price I had to try. I was good at Hobby Lobby and just got those two things. I'd like to say that I avoided all sorts of temptation, but I really didn't see anything that I wanted. Good news for my budget, right?
I didn't get much else while I was out. I did get a couple t-shirts at one store, but they're not for fabric, they're for me. I ended up "retiring" some of my older shirts, and needed some replacement ones. I didn't find exactly what I wanted, and had to get some a bit smaller than I was hoping for, but I think with some wear and washing they'll relax and fit better. And if not, I can always use them for fabric! I do have that option. But that's all I got.
Back at home I didn't do much, I hope tomorrow I feel more energized to do something. I have all this new thread that's dying to be used!

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: sleeping too much is to regain strength. You'll see how far you have more strength and creativity. I'm looking forward to seeing your new work. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete