Sunday, March 18, 2012

A step in the right direction!

Good news everyone, today has managed to be much better than yesterday! Although, it would be hard to actually tie or manage to be worse than yesterday. Luckily all those dreadful things that happened yesterday managed to not happen again today.
I even had a bit of luck, while I was online searching for fashion ideas, I found one, for Skooter of all people! I had a bit of a false start with an outfit for her earlier in the month, but this one seems promising. It does have something better than the original outfit, I have all the supplies for it on hand already. I'm going to need some red calico, and that red dotted fabric I bought recently. I do like it when I don't have to go hunting for anything, especially since I rarely find it when I'm looking.
I even made progress on it today. It's going to be a two piece outfit, a shirt, with a red jumper. I made both pieces today, but I'm going to have to remake them. There's some sewing issues that happened with both that I'm not really pleased with. So I'm going to remake them, and change how I did a few things. Luckily I decided to call it quits on the jumper rather early on and saved myself the trouble and fabric of adding the gathered skirt, but I did all of the machine sewing on the shirt before I decided it needed to be remade. Including putting the collar in, twice. I had to do it a second time because the first time I did it I did it wrong. I put the wrong side facing out. This fabric is really hard to tell the wrong side and the right side, it's different, but you really have to look close and it's easy to mistake it when you're working with it. I was so not happy about having to tear out a collar I just did, I still hate making collars so very much.
I didn't make much progress on the redo of the shirt, but I did make some on the jumper. I ended up lining the bodice this time, and it does look better. I got most of the machine sewing done, and even started on the seam reinforcements, and hand hemming the skirt. With a little more work, it'll be done. Now I just have to suck it up and remake the shirt.
Oh, I hope this is the outfit for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment