Friday, March 30, 2012

Ugh, a Step Back in Progress...

I was hoping my creativity from yesterday would stick around and I'd manage to make more progress on dressing people, but it just was not meant to be. Since I finished that dress yesterday, I don't have anything else in the works, really a wonderful place to be when nearing the start of a creative week. But, isn't that always the case with me? Creative weeks are lacking in creativity and selling weeks are lacking in sell-a-tivity. I am pleased that I managed to get that dressed totally finished yesterday. I don't need anymore stuff to go into the unfinished project box, it's practically overflowing as it is. But I have a confession to tell you all, I'm rapidly falling out of love with the dress. I mean I like it, and there's nothing wrong with it technically, but it's quickly falling out of favor. I thought it might be I didn't like it on the doll (Not the biggest Sweet Sixteen fan), so I took it off her and tried in on some of the other dolls who are waiting for clothes, but I didn't like it any more on them either. I didn't bother dressing Sweet Sixteen back in it, not sure if I will...
I actually did do a little sewing today. Since I switched sewing machines I wanted to try making Skooter's shorts again. I mean the last pair was fine except the tension was all screwed up and they looked bad in that one aspect. So I pulled out the material and gave it another go. These look much better. They're a little bit tight, but since they're for under the skirt it's fine. They actually have a bit of a connection with the dress from yesterday, I used the same eyelet material for both of them. I just barely had enough for the shorts, so there's no more left. I'm quickly running out of eyelet material. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do when I'm out. The last time I was in Hobby Lobby looking for it, I didn't find any that was small enough. All of what they had was too wide for Barbie sewing. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I finished the shorts today, and Skooter's wearing them. I thought about giving her shirt another go, but I wasn't feeling it. I really, really, really don't want to make it for a third time. That's usually my breaking point. If I haven't made a passable item the second time I give up. Don't believe me? Just ask Living Barbie's tennis dress. She isn't even wearing it anymore, it's moved into the Unfinished Project box, and it's going to be staying there a while. It was such a disappointment! I hope I have more success with Skooter's shirt, when I make it for the third time. Ugh, third time!

No comments:

Post a Comment