Sunday, May 6, 2012

And the Winner is....!

I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that we are finally nearing the end of what I purchased the other day in town. After this we get to finally switch over to what I got in the mail! I can tell you're just thrilled. Hopefully once that all is behind us, I'll start getting back to doll sewing. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it, I'm still not really invested in it at the moment.
Lucky for you, I did save the best for last from my shopping trip. Let me set the scene: I was at the Christian Secondhand Store, I just walked in. I was already riding the high of my multitude of previous purchases. I headed over to the antique section. I spotted something interesting the moment I walked in, so I picked it up. Turns out it was just a generic Max Steele action figure. He was wearing G.I. Joe clothes, but other than the boots it was nothing that I'd ever use. And even the boots I already had a pair, so they weren't of much use to me. And he wasn't priced, so I put him down and went about my merry way. But just then just one step further, and lurking behind a box, I found it. My biggest find of the day. It was... It WAS.... IT WAS...




To be continued in the next post...





Just kidding! What I found was another Walk Lively Miss America! But this one was different than all the ones I've found before. This one was wearing her original outfit, except her shoes. She has her dress, her cape, her sash, and her crown is still stitched to her head. I really do not thing anyone has ever played with her. She even has some residue left over from her wrist tag! Unfortunately the store placed the price sticker on her bodice and when I removed it some of the bodice got shredded. It sucks that she survived so long in great condition then someone ignorantly damaged her like that. It's right where the sash covers it on the dress, but it still saddens me that it happened. Miss America must have been real popular around here. This doll makes the fifth time I've found her, or part of her locally. I've found her nude, her head, and her dress in various stages of abuse twice. This one was the most expensive of all the other ones, she cost six whole dollars! Time for her grand debut (Here she is, Miss America):
I'm not sure if she's going to be living here long term. I'm all about redressing dolls, but I wouldn't want to take off her original clothing. Plus I already have one Miss America in the collection, and I don't really need two. But I'm not going to rush into anything. I'm going to keep her around to see if we bond of anything. But still pretty good find, and a pretty decent way to end the day right?

No comments:

Post a Comment