Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Gettin' Stuff Done!

I've noticed a disturbing tend around here. Lately I've been super unmotivated to get into gear and be productive with my time, like at all. It's just like when I go through my video game phases, but this is even worse. At least with those I'm working to a goal, however little it helps my day-to-day life. In the past few weeks I've been having a hard time jump starting myself to do anything, and at the end of the day I've been kicking myself for not doing anything that actually needed to get done.
But I decided that needed to change. Last night I wrote out a small to do list. Consisting of five things, that I could accomplish today, and would.
They are as follows in no particular order:
1: Put away 20 things (I always try to do this every day, no matter how small a thing gets put away, something that was not in it's place at the start of the day is by the end of the day. Helps keep the general chaos around here somewhat managed.)
2. Write one Blog Post (I'm so behind on those it's not even funny. So while writing only one won't pull me out of that hole, it will certainly keep me from getting deeper into it.)
3. Respond to Flickr People (I'm behind on replying to comments over on my Flickr page, so I needed to get all caught up on that, and stop avoid doing it!)
4. Finish Joe's Pants (I started a pair of pants for Joe, and have been lagging on finishing them.)
5. Pack up Box for Cubby (I had this box practically packed for months now ready to send off to Cubby ((It's a gift, so I didn't leave him waiting for anything)). I was just avoiding writing a note to go into it and addressing it.)
Those were my goals for today when I woke up, and I'm pleased to say I was able to get all of them accomplished! I was working until late at night, but they all got completed! (Still having trouble getting motivated, but once I did I got to work!)
Having a list is a good thing, means I actually get stuff done!

No comments:

Post a Comment