Monday, May 21, 2012

Grrr.... and Sigh....

I did make a list last night to help me focus myself today, but this morning I just did not want to deal with it. It was one of those days that I didn't want to do anything, but I've had too many of those lately, so I buckled down and forced myself to work on crossing stuff off the list, no matter how much it made me grumble.
One of the things on the list was making another attempt at Joe's shirt. Even though, I still haven't figured out what's causing that rippling in the shoulders I was still eager to make some progress on it. One of the thing that I wanted to try was adding a collar. I was curious to see if adding the collar might help the rippling problem. Turns out it doesn't. In fact not only does it not help, it added some issues of it's own! Part of the new problem is the fact that I have to keep Joe's neck covered, meaning the collar has to hit high enough, and needs to be fully closed. No unbuttoned top buttons for Joe! Times like these make me wish I had found an actual replacement neck joint for him so I didn't have to craft my own makeshift one. Long story short, I didn't get any further with his shirt today. We're taking another break from it. So much of a break that I even went and changed his clothes. He's now wearing one of the jersey shirts I made for him. At least he's got something he can wear now, especially since making him a button up shirt is being such a slow process.
I also managed to post another comment on Flickr that may have managed to make someone mad, I think. I really don't think what I said was that bad, but based on their reply it could have been. But I may have read too much into what they're saying, I do have a tendency to do that. I did damage control as best I could. I guess I'm going to have to learn to keep my opinions to myself and be a little more "everything is sunshine and lollipops!" over there. Might make things a bit easier.
*Grumble, Grumble, Grumble*

No comments:

Post a Comment