Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

First off, Happy Mother's Day everyone! I hope all the mothers out there got shown some appreciation today. Ours was a pretty low key holiday. My mother received a gift basket full of candy and a book from all of us, and a card. Can't forget the card. I think she liked everything. My sister called this evening and they spent some time talking, so I think overall she had a good day.
But today was not just Mother's day, it was also a shopping day. And it's a good thing that was today, we haven't been in a while and I was rapidly running out of what I eat. If we didn't go today, I had not idea what I was going to do for breakfast and lunch tomorrow. Originally I declined going, but I was bribed into going.
What was the bribe you ask? Going to the Antique stores on Sunset. I know, I was just there, but sometimes it's easier to just give in and go then get asked then say no 20 times. I originally thought he meant the thrift stores that are open on Sunday, but it was actually the Antique stores like I mentioned. I really didn't see anything that was changed since the last time I'd been in there. I did check for that Skipper to see if she was still there. She was, I was right in thinking she had just been moved. I don't know why I bother looking for her, I'm not willing to spend 32 dollars on a weirdly sallow straight leg Skipper, so it's not like I'm hoping to buy her. But still I check, I always check. Even if it's that wreaked Ken doll that I have no desire to own in any way, shape, or form.
So the usual two stores I left empty handed. There is another store on that strip that my father visits, but usually I skip. I have been in there a variety of times before, but never saw anything remotely of interest to me. They do have Barbie dolls there, but they are all the newer collector dolls, which I do not collect. But I went into today for the heck of it. I didn't see much of anything that I wanted. I did see a lot of Chrissy dolls. I guess there's not a lot of demand for her in town since I saw a lot of her and her friends at low prices. If only she interested me in any way. I could have a decent collection pretty quickly. But I did actually find a few things that interested me, but I hesitated. While I did like them, I didn't really need them. They were interesting, but not something that fell under the guidelines of my collection. So I decided to wait. I wanted to do some research and thinking. I knew that them selling before I got a chance to get them was an option, but I felt like I should wait. Those places seem to have a slow turn around rate, so I wasn't taking a total gamble. So I didn't get anything there. I actually didn't get anything while I was out. And now that I think about it, neither did my dad. What a disappointment in that aspect!
I did do some research when I was back at home, but it really didn't net me anything satisfactory. I'm going to have to do more thinking.
But at least mother's day went off without a hitch!

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: Happy Mother's Day. I'm glad you had a family day. I feel you will not find anything interesting in your shopping day ... keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete