Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Not as productive today...

A bit of a step back in terms of productivity today... like usual I just really didn't want to do anything. Even with the to do list in my hand I wanted nothing to do with it. And you should know by know when I don't want to do something I can manage to do a variety of things in order to avoid it. I've always been like that. I was never more spot on with my homework or chores when there was something else I was avoiding.
Even with my total avoidance with the list I did force myself to get two things crossed off it. The first one was finishing a skirt I made a while ago. All it needed was the back seam finished and I'd be able to put it away in the spares clothing bag. I've grown tired of dealing with it, but being unable to put it away so today I finished it. I thought about doing it on the machine, but it was just easier to do it by hand. I didn't put it away just yet, but it's on top of the chest of drawers where I store my spare clothing ready to be put away the next time I go in there. The second thing I managed to get done today was a blog post. Which is a good thing since I'm already several days behind, and I cannot afford to get any more backed up. But that's all I managed to get done from the list.
I did however do some doll sewing, something that I didn't plan on. I had an idea for Malibu Skipper and since I was never really sold on the dress I stuck her in, I was eager to try it. I spent a great deal of time making a pair of shorts that ended up not fitting, I hate when that happens. Spent all that time and fabrics on something I might not be able to ever use. But I didn't give up. I tried something else that worked better. I made some progress on an outfit, and while I think it's heading in the right direction, there's lots that need more work. I'll share it with you eventually, either the finished product or asking for advice on it.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get back on the to-do list wagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment