Saturday, May 12, 2012

Well, my day is shot now...

I woke up this morning and had to get it into gear. Normally I start my day off a bit more slowly, but not today, I had plans. They weren't even my plans, they were someone elses! (Which is the worst kind).
Earlier in the week my father had made a deal to get a part for his Military truck from someone somewhat local. It was a two hour drive from our house. He invited me to go along with him, and asked if I wanted to visit any local second hand stores or fabric stores since we'd be in the area. That's pretty standard for one of these trips. I was planning on skipping it, but when I found out the part weighed 80 pounds and the guy wasn't going to be home to help my father load it into the truck I felt I should go to help. And I really was going to just help, I didn't even look up any second hand stores, or fabric stores (I really have no interest in fabric at the moment, which shows how over Barbie I am at the moment). So that's what I planned for my morning. We got to the house after about 2.5 hours in the car, it should have only taken us 2, but we did get lost a few times, and we stopped to pick up lunch. We pulled into the driveway, and guess what? The guy's home. His plans changed, so he came over and introduced himself.
Then my dad said it, those terrible words... "So, where's your truck?" The guy told him it was in the garage, then they went into the garage and TALKED FOR OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF. Leaving me outside, waiting. It actually could have been worse, I could have gotten sucked into going into the garage and had to pretend I actually cared about the topic, which has happened before, but still. I'm doing my father a favor, and he goes and leaves me there for an hour and a half. I did try to move the part on my own, but just managed to knock it over and get my hands and pants all greasy. So I was not a happy camper. I ended up sitting in the truck cab and waiting for him to finish his little gab fest and we could move the part and go back home.
So an hour and a half ticks by slowly in the hot and humid truck, then he finally shows up with the guy. Then THEY MOVE THE TRUCK PART WITHOUT ME. I guess I should be happy, but I wasted my entire day doing this thing for my father, and not only did he end up not needing me, he didn't care enough that I was waiting for him to not leave me waiting an hour and a half!
I was so mad. I was very short with him on the ride home. I wasn't mean, I didn't yell, but I certainly wasn't very chatty or putting up with his story telling. But whatever, my day was shot and I'll have to get over it. It's just so annoying that I'm doing something to be helpful for him, and he can't even be considerate to not keep me waiting for so long.
I won't lie, I do not like that truck, it's brought me nothing but trouble since it showed up here. And if it ruins my pants, that will be the real tragedy of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment