Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sometimes you have to put on your Big Boy pants...

I wish I could say that looking back today I had been productive, but I cannot. With my impending doom scheduled for 8 am on Thursday I just wasn't feeling like doing anything. Honestly I feel like a criminal on death row counting down the clock. *Sigh*
I should mention I heard back from Hobby Lobby. I almost didn't open their e-mail since it looked like spam (the subject line read: 2000 buyer issue 6/5), but against my better judgement I did. The e-mail boils down to, "We're sorry you're upset, but I'll pass along to your complaint to our buyers". Nothing really got resolved, but at least I got a response. I wasn't even expecting that.
And that wasn't the only e-mail related thing I got done today. With a stroke of luck, and by chance, and on a whim I managed to plan out the present that my parents are getting me for my birthday. The actual day is coming up soon (this Saturday!), and I had one thing planned, but went a totally different direction. You're going to be both proud and disappointed in me. I'm also both excited and nervous, what I planned is going to involve me being social, and for the last few days I've been wanting to be anything but social. But I'm going to have to suck it up and deal with it, it's totally for my benefit. Sorry for being so vague, but I promise you'll get the full details soon, just not right now.
And I did do some sewing today. Joe's been kicking around in the shorts that I gave up on halfway through and I decided that I had to do something, or else pull out my hair worrying about tomorrow. So I started to work on it, and in order to do so I had to rip out half of what I have already done (but isn't that always the case?). I made some decent strides in fixing it. Originally I was playing around with using a partial elastic waistband, but decided that wasn't going to work. I ended up changing it to close in the back with a snap, and even ended up adding some darts to the waistline to make it fit better. I didn't finish it today (I actually quit again when I ran into more trouble), but it's heading in the right direction. I'll get back to it another time.
Right now I just want to curl up with Charlotte and pretend that tomorrow isn't coming so bloody fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment