Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Going for the Gold!

I started off my morning by being honest with myself, I'm just not liking those two Francie dresses. I'm not sure what my problem with them is, but when I'm so against finishing something I know something is up. So I'm cutting my losses. I took both dresses and put them into the unfinished project box. Maybe I'll come back to them, maybe I won't, but at least I'm dealing with the fact that I don't care for them and I can wipe the slate clean and start fresh. Honestly by leaving them as "I'll get to it eventually" nothing was going to get done. I was just going to keep putting it off. So even though it hurts going back to the drawing board for those dolls, I know in the end I'll be happier. And since I'm doing this sewing for me, I'm the one who should be happy with it, and now I have the chance to be. Hopefully something better will come along for them soon.
Anyway, since it's Tuesday, it's time to write! I'm still working on that practice section with Auntie, and I'm actually having decent success. I managed to get an entire page done pretty quickly (compared to the last section I was working on). I don't think I'm totally capturing their actual characters, but at least I'm committing something to the page that I don't hate. I'm thinking that this section will get me back into my groove and I can start writing on the book again soon. I'd really like that.
While my morning was productive, my afternoon was shot however. My parents signed up for Blockbuster online, and with that comes access to their movie and game catalog. And today my first item from our shared list arrived, Sonic and Mario at the London Olympics arrived, so I've been playing that for hours. It's a fun game, but I'm glad I rented it instead of buying it. I can see how eventually I'd run out of things to do. But it's still fun for the time being. Princess Peach and I have been going crazy with all the events. Although this really shows me how weak my arms are. Like I said, I played for hours and they are KILLING ME! It hurts, but that's the sacrifice you make for being an Olympic competitor!
Good thing from today: Getting to hang out with my brother while we played!

No comments:

Post a Comment