Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

First of all Happy Fourth of July everyone! I hope everyone's had a good day, and most of all, a safe day. Can't be too careful around fireworks and whatnot. We didn't do anything around here, sometimes we just skip holidays like that.
And you'd think that after I bought all that new fabric and had a full night's sleep under my belt I'd be rip raring ready to start sewing, but instead... I made cookies! (Yeah, I don't get that one either.) They're "Earl Gray Tea Cookies", made with actual tea in them. I found the recipe the other day and wanted to try it. We don't have a food processor, but the tea I used was already so finely ground that I really didn't need one. They actually came out really good. Although I will say that I like the uncooked batter better. (No eggs, so it's not going to kill you). I think if I made it again I wouldn't bother cooking it, I'd just eat the frozen batter! Here's where I got the recipe in case anyone's interested: Earl Gray Tea Cookies
But I didn't spend my entire day making cookies, I did do some sewing. I wanted to work on that Malibu Francie dress that I finally found the right fabric for. I was using that Francie pattern that I used last for that Straight leg Francie dress. I think this fabric is either a liner or a trim fabric because it's super thin and slippery. So I was going to have to line everything and be really careful it doesn't shift around when I'm sewing it. For the pattern I tried adapting a Barbie bodice pattern, but that was a total failure. In fact the entire dress was a total failure. I spent hours working on it, and made at least three attempts at the bodice using the final fabric (not including all the test pieces) today. And all I have are several new things added to the unfinished project box and a wadded up pile of fabric that I never want to look at for a while.
I think I need to rethink this dress...
And I'm feeling like there's another "make a simple dress for Charlotte" day coming on.
*Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment