Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow.

I got woken up this morning by the dog. He was yipping, demanding to be let out. I tried ignoring him and going back to sleep he was most insistent. I was hoping someone else would hear him and let him out, but no luck. Even though my bedroom is the furthest from the dog's area, I seem to be the only one that's able to hear them. This is not the first time that's happened. How everyone else manages to tune them out I'll never know. But I was the one to get up, go downstairs, and throw the dog outside. What a start to my day, and it was downhill from there.
Since it's Tuesday around mid-morning I started working on my writing. I decided to give up on that panther practice section and start another one. This new one is a dialog and description heavy section that takes place between Anton and his aunt. I'm not really sure where it's going to go, but I managed to easily get a page written, and a little bit more planned out for next week. It was much easier to write than that panther story. And I'm liking this section, I guess I should have started here. Hopefully it'll get me back into my writing groove and I can pick up the actual book writing again. I'd love to be able to make progress on it once more.
It wasn't all smooth sailing when writing. When I was working I had a couple painful twinges in my head. I brushed it off and kept at it until I reached my page goal. I forgot about it until I was making lunch. I noticed that I was having eye trouble. No pain, but my vision was blurry, almost like one of my eyes had a film over it. Again I ignored it, thinking it was nothing. It wasn't until shortly after lunch the rest of my symptoms hit. Turns out it was an aural migraine. I get those sometimes. Not a whole lot, maybe once a year if I'm unlucky. They happen so infrequently that I'm not quick to identify the warning signs that they're going to happen until after they already hit.
And it hit me hard after lunch, but not as bad as it could have been. I'd say this one was a seven out of ten. Not fun, but could have been worse. Usually my best remedy is sleep, but since it was only mid-day and I wasn't really tired enough to sleep it was hard actually falling asleep. Also since I had just eaten lunch I had a full stomach that was really giving my trouble. Also for some reason I was really hot. Even though I had a fan and the air conditioner blowing on me I could not get cool. I'd keep breaking out in sweat. It was not a fun time. Eventually I did manage to sleep for a couple of hours, thankfully. I woke up in the evening a little better, but certainly not back to normal. Some aspirin and soda helped settle my head and stomach a little bit. So I've been taking it easy for the rest of the day.
Hopefully tomorrow this will be a distant memory. I hate migraines! (Ow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment