Monday, July 9, 2012

Something small for today.

I'm still having a super hard time getting myself motivated to work on my sewing. Like always when I have the idea and the supplies I don't have the motivation, but when I have the motivation I'm missing either the idea or the supplies. Rarely do I have all three. I'm not really sure why I can't do any sewing at the moment especially since right now it would get two dolls dressed. I'm just in a weird place at the moment. I'm not even willing to sew anything for Charlotte, so you know something's up.
I did however force myself to work on something, something for Malibu Francie no less. Not her dress, but a purse I wanted to make to go with her outfit. I've been thinking about making it for a while, but put off doing so choosing to focus on the dress. Since I wanted nothing to do with the dress today I figured I could work on the purse. It's somewhat similar to how I made that bag purse for my number four Ponytail, but I did change how I constructed it some. I was hoping to avoid some of the issues that I dealt with on the first purse, which I did, but I managed to come across some new ones. I managed to finish most of the purse, but when I was looking at it I noticed how uneven it was. The left side and the right side were pretty noticeably off, which was not pleasing. I could just live with it, but I think I'm going to just remake it, some other day. I don't know what is with this current strive for perfection, but I hope this isn't going to turn into another SL Francie dress ordeal, where I have to keep redoing it and it never comes out right.
but at least I did some sewing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment