Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tending to my Progress Garden, not ready to harvest

Today was the kind of day where you didn't actually finish anything you worked on, but you made several strides in getting to stuff's completion.
One of those thing was finally taking several of the dolls and clothing that I've been intending to sell off my bureau and giving them their camera time. I took pictures of four dolls, two outfits, and one doll head. The pictures have been uploaded to my computer, but I haven't gotten a chance to edit the pictures or write the ads that go along with them. I couldn't do that today since my computer was already in use for a couple other tasks, and it's really not up to the challenge of running a half dozen or so programs at one given time anymore. But with the pictures done things will go much quicker. That's the part that I have to plan the best timing for. Since it's so dark in my room I can only take the decent pictures during the middle of the day on sunny days. I can write the ads and edit the pictures any time of the day. Now I just have to find the motivation to do so!
I also worked on that Joe argyle shirt again today. I thought it would be a simple fix by just taking in the side seams, but when I did that it had a weird unattractive wrinkling effect on the bottom hem. I really didn't like it, and knew the only way to fix it would be to take out the bottom hem, and the one snap I sewed, and then sew the side seams. It's like I'm cursed with having to take out snaps and redo them. Anyway, I ripped out the bottom hem, removed the snap, then took the side seams in. That seemed to help, Joe looks less boxy now (but now it looks tight in the waist). I ended up sewing the bottom seam again, but I had to remove it again. I guess adding the side seams threw off the evenness of the bottom hem. It now was much lower in the back than in the front. I ended up ripping out the hem again, then using pins to see how much I had to raise it. But I didn't bother sewing it down again. I needed a break from the project so I set it aside again. I'm sure I'll come back to it again, but with a clearer head. No need to sew when annoyed, that rarely works out.
From there I worked on the blog some more. I'm like eight days behind in my posting, and I really want to get all caught up. So if you're reading something over the past few days and I reference something like you should know what I'm talking about and you have no idea what I mean, don't worry about it. I'm hoping I'll get caught up soon and it will all make sense. I did manage to get three days of stuff published, but a lot of those were mostly already written I just had to edit pictures and add a couple paragraphs here and there. But at least I'm making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment