I started off today with working on a Skipper dress. It's been a dress I've been working on for a while. I have it all sketched out and the right fabric, but I'm having the absolute worst time with the pattern. I guess I'm doing something different because I don't have anything in the Skipper pattern folder that works for what I want. So I've had to do some hardcore adapting and drafting, which is easier said than done. I don't want to even think about the number of patterns I've made and discarded in just making this one dress. I've spent several days and hours working on it, and have yet to make anything remotely passable. Today was just as bad as the other days I've attempted to work on it. So I gave up, I still like the dress and want to go back to it eventually, but it's wore out it's welcome with me today.
In the afternoon I ended up picking Bend Leg Midge back up. She's been lounging around my work stations waiting for me to finish her dress. And today I finally got to that point. I ended up finishing most of her dress. I started off with fixing the pleats in her skirt, the ones in the center were a little uneven, so I ripped them out, pinned them into an even placement, and sewed them back down. I also reinforced all her seams, and I even tore out all the skirt hem stitches and sewed it back by hand using a hidden stitch. But I didn't finish it today.
While I was practically done with it, I noticed that there was another section of the skirt pleats that needed adjusting, and I really didn't feel like ripping out more stitches and fixing it tonight, so I stopped for the night. But it's almost finished, right now there's three things that I need to do to it and it'll be done, but that will have to wait until tomorrow (or later).
At least Midge is being agreeable, unlike that putz Skipper!