Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's over...

It's official, my creative streak has ended. We all knew this day was coming, but it's finally here. I am a bit saddened by it, I was hoping it would last 2-3 more dolls, but it was not meant to be. I am greatful that with it I was able to dress eight dolls, which is huge. During that three week period I created the same output of four month.
But that it's over we get another period where nothing happens. I did do some sewing today, working on the patterns for Joe's Halloween costume. I'm going to need to draft all new patterns, so work will be slow going. Good thing I have about a month and a half to work on it.
Also today I finished Fluff's outfit. It was 99 percent finished, but I had a hard time figuring out how I wanted to decorate the blouse. I originally had a bow at the neckline and buttons, but after deciding she needed hair bows (I do love hair bows), the one at her neck seemed a bit excessive. I tried lots of stuff in my mind, but nothing seemed to work. In the end I just attached four seed pearls to it for mock buttons. I'm not totally in love with it, and if I found something better I'd have no problem ripping these out and redoing it, but it works for now. Fluff is also our second dressed doll of the month, which is awesome. Here's Fluff in her finished glory:


Now that I reached my month average, I can take the rest of the month off, right? Just kidding! I still have to finish P.J.'s outfit. I did include her for the total of the dolls I got dressed during my creative streak, now I just have to finish it so I can add her to the collection.
Right now I'm hoping my creative streak will have a second wind and more will get dressed. Keep your finger's crossed for me. Even with my optimism I'm thinking it might be a bit of a dry spell.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, whoa, that's adorable! It totally suits her and looks so well made. If you told me that was her stock outfit, I'd believe it. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete