Monday, September 17, 2012

Go away today!

Today was not such a good day.

I made attempts on dressing two dolls, and both of them were terrible failures. All I have to show for it are two piles of fabric destined for the trash heap. I'm going to have to start from scratch for both of those dolls, but not today. I won't lie, I was not in a good mood when that happened. It's been a while since I had two failures like that back to back, so it really threw me into a tizzy. I was really mad about it.

So I took a break. In the evening after a couple hours of not sewing, I started to work on a different project. One that I already had the patterns worked on for, I just needed to do it. It was the underskirt for Charlotte's Halloween costume. I had started it the other day, but ran into trouble and quit. I originally tried gathering the skirt because I really didn't feel like doing those pin pleats like I usually do, and going with the pictures I'm using for reference, that's how the original underskirt was constructed. But since the original character is practically twice the size of Charlotte, getting that full of a skirt using the gathered method leaves a lot of bulk at the waist, and since I'm skirting (pun intended) a too thick waist already, I couldn't use that in the end. Today I went and pinned it. I made decent progress on it, even managing to get it done today. No pictures of it since it's late and the camera won't take a decent shot, but it's really cute.

I'm about halfway done with this costume now since the bodysuit isn't alone anymore. (Although I have decided I'm going to need to remake the dress entirely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment