Friday, October 19, 2012

Another Scattered Day

I got another doll listed this morning. It was that Malibu P.J. that I bought at the Swell Doll Shop the last time I went. I decided to resell after I discovered she had some green spots on her face. Had I been better about posting what I bought there, you would have seen her by now, but that's not the case. I do plan on posting what I bought there still, but with October being so weird, I doubt I'll get to it until November. She's already had someone interested in her. I wish I could say sold, but I haven't received the money yet. I sent them a money request hours ago, but I'm still waiting for them to pay. It's not that big of a deal since I can't get to the post office until Tuesday, but since I've dealt with so many people who get to this point and never pay, I'll be happier once I have the money in my Paypal account and can say for sure she's been sold.

I also worked on Pierre's costume today. I ended up scrapping what I did yesterday and drafting an entirely new pattern for his Halloween costume. For something (and someone) that I'm not totally in love with I'm certainly putting a lot of work into it. I ended up getting most of the machine sewing done on it today, but I'm not totally in love with it. I might need to do some more work tweaking it. I didn't bother working on that today though. I'm not really chomping at the bit to finish it right now. I'm sure I'll get it done by Halloween, but I'm certainly not putting in the effort to get it done this early. I want to finish it, but right now it's just glorified busy work, it doesn't really excite me, and usually those projects are the ones I finish first. 

I also worked on Charlotte's Halloween costume a little bit. Nothing impressive, but I tried fixing the fit issues in the bodice, without much luck. I'm really thinking that this costume will have to wait until after Halloween. There's just too much to fix and do before that deadline. Luckily (as I've said before) Charlotte wears costumes anytime during the year so she's not really limited to Halloween for her clothing choices.

Maybe tomorrow will be more exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment