Friday, October 5, 2012

Good News!

I have returned!
My replacement power cord arrived in the mail, and my computer is back up and running! The question is drear readers, did anyone miss me when I was away?
Well I'm back now... but things are going to be a bit different around here. October is going to be a really weird month when it comes to blogging. I have a ton of traveling coming up, as well as several projects that I can't blog about. One of those is a wedding present for someone that might be reading this blog. I don't think she is, but I'd hate to spoil the surprise. And the second one is Charlotte's Halloween costume, which you already know I'm being annoyingly secretive about.
I have been sewing this past week. I was really hoping that I could get Charlotte's costume done when I was away, but it was not meant to be. I've made five versions of that dress and they've all been terrible failures. I had to stop when I ran out of the fabric I was using. I was hoping that I'd have it finished by Saturday because .... I'm going to my very first doll club meeting! I mentioned it about a month ago about going to the September meeting, but due to some mixed signals I ended up not going. It was recommended that I e-mail the club president again to see if I could go to the October meeting by another member. So I did, and I'm all set to go to the meeting tomorrow, which is so nerve wracking. I've been trying to keep my social anxiety in check, but I'm sure as the time gets closer and closer it'll get worse. It's going to be at the Swell Doll Shop, which makes it a bit easier since I've been there before, this also means I get to do some shopping before the actual meeting. And you know how much I love shopping.
Also, I'll be bringing dolls which should help me feel more comfortable. The theme of the meeting is Halloween which is why I was hoping to finish Charlotte's Halloween costume before then, but I just could not do it. I was planning on bringing Ashley to wear it... I don't want to bring Charlotte, she's far too important to me to bring out of the house. Ashley's been her stand in before, and I'm sure she'll do it again. (Truth be told, if anything happened to Charlotte, Ashley is second in line to being the next favorite.) But since the costume didn't work out, I ended up having to pick something else for her. I ended up stealing Takara Jenny's Japanese School girl uniform for Ashley. It's cute, it's something I made, and it looks good on her. I did end up giving her the body suit I made for Charlotte's costume, so she's wearing something I made recently. It does look cute on her. The only thing I didn't make for her are the socks she's wearing, they're the ones she usually wears, but I could have made them if I wanted to.
But Ashley isn't the only doll I'm bringing. I'm also bringing Rebecca (Live Action Barbie re-rooted and on a Fashionista body). I really wanted to bring someone to show off that Little Red Riding Hood costume I made a whole back, and since it only fits a Fashionista body my options were limited, but it looks good on Rebecca and she's also been a stand in for Charlotte before. I did do a little upgrading the costume during the week. I added another snap to the back, and I washed all the white parts (they were looking a little dingy). It's not perfect in the back, but Rebecca's long hair covers all the less visual pleasing parts (which is why she got it over Ashley).
I'm also bringing food, which I'm supposed to do, but that's easier said than done. The problem is, I'm not really sure what to bring. I was told to bring something, but I have no idea what people usually bring. I'm actually going to bring three different things. I bought a bag of chips, I bought a bag of candy (that I'm going to put into a plastic pumpkin), and I made tomato soup cake. I figured that I could leave all of them in the car, then see what everyone else brought, then decide which one to bring in. I know that whatever comes back home with me will find takers.
I'm not really sure what else to say, I've been busy today getting ready for tomorrow (also hoping to tire myself out so I'll be able to fall asleep and won't be tossing and turning with anxiety). Oh, back to October. So I will be blogging, I do have stuff to share with you, including some stuff that happened last week (Like the FIVE dolls I ended up getting dressed), but it's going to be a bit slow, and I won't be able to post every single day. Hopefully after this month things will go back to normal and I'll be back to blogging.
But I'm sure that you'll hear all about tomorrow. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

Oh, there's no picture of the dolls in their costumes since I packed them before I got this finished. If anyone would like to see them in their costumes feel free to comment that you do. Otherwise I won't bother taking a picture since both of them have been photographed on the blog before and the same goes for what they're wearing.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, you were definitely missed!

    Oh jeez, the sincerest of luck with the doll club meeting. I so hope it's fun and you meet some really cool people. I think you and I have about the same anxiety levels, so my stomach is churning sympathy pangs for you all the way over here in Chicago. Sorry, that probably doesn't help, lol. Except, maybe to convince you that other people get super nervous in these kinds of situations too, so you may not be the only one there feeling anxious. Maybe you'll find a kindred spirit! Good idea with the candy in the pumpkin-- goes along with the theme, they're sure to appreciate that! Have fun, I can't wait to hear about it! :)

    BTW, I'd love to see the dolls in their costumes, if you have time to take a pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. i would love to see the ladies in their costumes. I'd also like to know how your 1st official club meeting went. The first is always the most nerve wracking. I hope you had fun and made some new doll friends :O)

    ReplyDelete