Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I'm sorry....

I just don't think I'll be able to work on Charlotte's Halloween costume this week. I've tried forcing myself to work on it, and it's just not happening. I feel like such a jerk because I go and set up a vote, then promptly ignore the results. I feel like such a rude-ious maximus. I did try to work on the costume today, but I'm not sure if I want to keep working with what I have, or start over again. I think I need a little break from this costume for the time being. I'm planning on pushing it back until next week. Hopefully then I'll be back in the mindset for it. And if not, I might end up dropping it altogether. I have a lot to get done these next two months, and I don't have the time to work on a time vacuum if I'm not enjoying it like I should. I'll keep you updated.

Today instead of working on the costume, I did some much needed things. I ended up putting up the plastic on the widows in my room to help keep the draft out (and in the bathroom). It's been incredibly chilly in my room lately, so this was something that I had to do. It feels a lot warmer right now, not sure if that's actually the case or just my mind telling me it must be warmer, at this point I'll take either one. I also ended up doing some cleaning in my room. It was already a bit of a mess, but in order to get to all the windows stuff to put up the plastic I ended up making more of a mess, but I managed to get that all cleaned up. It's not perfect, but it's certainly better than before.

I also did some sewing today. I had an idea for a dress I wanted to sew. I actually made a version of it a couple days ago for Francie. But it ended up not working, so I decided to try it on Skipper. So I started all over making it for her.... but I don't like it on her either. I was thinking that it might work on Barbie, but I don't think I'll end up making it for her. I don't need a third version of this dress. I think it's a cute dress, but it's just not working in this scale, so I need to cut my losses. There will other dresses for these dolls, and right now I'm just wasting fabric and time better spent on other things. It's just October was such a bad month for dolls getting dressed, but such a good month for new dolls. I've managed to bring the undressed numbers back to 20! And I'd really love to start getting those dressed.  When there's so many it wears on me.

But I don't think that will be happening tomorrow, I think that will be a blog day, I really need to get caught up on some of these back posts.
Again, sorry about that whole Charlotte dress snafu, hopefully this is just a minor break from it. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, don't worry about the Halloween costume, you've got a whole year to figure it out.
    It's probably not your imagination that your room is warmer since you weather-proofed it, I live in Canada and our electrical companies say that eliminating drafts can cut our heating bills by 30% so obviously it helps keep the temperature where you want it.

    ReplyDelete