Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Some Lofty Goals

Not much progress today on working on old blog posts,

or sewing,

or any other projects in fact.

I sat around today mostly listless for longer than I care to admit. I was really not feeling like working on anything, and I almost didn't!

I ended up doing some online searches trying to find what I could get with that remaining twelve dollars I have for my Christmas money, turns out not a whole lot. So I decided something, I was not going to spend that 12 dollars, I was going to use it to go towards a more expensive purchase, and I would make up the rest. I already had something in mind. I did the math, and I'm going to need to raise 80 dollars by Christmas. That's not all for me, that's also factoring in 20 dollars for my sister's and her husband's wedding present, see, I'm not totally spoiled. I broke it down. That means I need to raise slightly more than13 dollars each week. Which might sound like not so much, but with my money situation, that's not always so easy.

But I did make an effort today. By giving myself a goal like that, it finally motivated me to get stuff listed and off my dresser. Today I got four dolls listed over on the Dollpage. So if you're interested in an 80's Barbie, a Walk Lively Miss America, a Disney Megara doll, or a 15 1/2 inch action figure, head over there to find them. But I wasn't done there, I also managed to write up four ads of other stuff to list over on Etsy tomorrow. I would have listed them today, but by the time I got around to writing the ads it was too dark to take pictures. They can wait until tomorrow.

Now I don't want to brag, but after getting those dolls listed and pulling out what just needs pictures, my dresser is now so much emptier. Before the dolls and the non-doll stuff was piled on top of each other, and now, each of them can fit on one side! Here's hoping I can keep paring them down!

So who's surprised it took the bribary of a new doll to get me off my duff?

No one? You know me so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment