Friday, December 21, 2012

Apocalypse... Now?

So I really should have started working on cleaning today. The day my sister is expected to arrive is rapidly approaching and the longer I put it off the more likely I'm going to have to do one of those frenzied cleanings I was trying to avoid earlier in the month. But I decided that if today the world was actually going to end today, I'm not going to spend my final day cleaning!  That would be crazy, and really I don't need a decent excuse to skip cleaning.
Instead I picked back up where I left off on that dress for my Fashion Queen Barbie. Today I finally broke down and removed the skirt. It killed me doing that, but I knew that if I just ignored it and left it as is, I'd never be truly satisfied with it. So I ripped out the stitching, moved it 1/8 of an inch up the bodice, pinned it back down, and sewed it back down. Not an extreme amount of work, but it certainly made the dress fit better, so I guess it was the right thing to do. After that I went back to working on finishing the dress. But I didn't finish it today. Right now it's all done except for the back seam. I ended up quitting again because it looks like I might have to tear out the hand hem in order to get it to match up correctly in the back.

WHY DO I HAVE TO KEEP TEARING OUT PARTS OF THIS DRESS?

At this rate I'm not sure I'll get this dress done before the end of the world (whenever that may be).

Also I know I left you with a teaser from yesterday's post that was supposed to be in this post and it's clearly not. I'm just not feeling like doing a big post right now so that's going to have to wait, hopefully I won't keep you waiting for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment