Sunday, December 23, 2012

Back to work, sigh.

I decided that today was the day that I was going to start cleaning again, unfortunately. Now that it's Christmas week I really don't have much of an excuse to keep pushing it off. I decided to work on the living room today. Even though we're holding off on our major Christmas until Saturday, I was still hoping for all of us to sit down together on the actual day for a small meal and open one present each. And while I had done a lot of work earlier in the month, there was still a lot of work to be done, mainly detail stuff. I thought that other people would be doing some cleaning elsewhere in the house, but shockingly (not), I was the only one doing any cleaning at all today.
And even worse, my cleaning was actually hindered by some people. Want to know my favorite part of today? I was whip stitching a couch cushion shut since the zipper had given out. I was asked a pointless question about something I had nothing to do with, not paying attention to my task at hand, I stabbed myself with the needle, hard. I wasn't even asked if I was okay. So I'm sitting there trying to not bleed all over the cushion, and I was bleeding a lot harder that I thought I would be. Shortly after that I decided it was not worth it and took a break.
An hour or so later I ended up going back. I didn't want to, but I really wanted to get the living room finished today. So I spent several more hours cleaning... alone... but being bothered by people who didn't plan on helping. I won't lie, I was pretty steamed by then. I'm totally back to the point where I just want to quit and let people deal with their own darn mess. But I managed to get the entire living room finished, and did a little work on the dining room. But I was still fuming when I got done. And so I went back upstairs... where the cat knocked my computer onto the ground.... and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. So I picked her up and carried her downstairs and put her in the kitchen. She's banned from my room for the rest of the day. Luckily my computer seems fine. It's fall was cushioned by a pair of jeans that just happened to be in the right place. Good thing too, my computer is already in rough enough shape, and I fear that a straight fall to the floor could be the end of it.
So I was mad before, now I was livid. I was read to start throwing things and screaming but I didn't. Instead I took my frustration out on some digital people, by playing a video game. I fired up the X-box and beat the tar out of the cast of Dead or Alive 2. Kasumi and I did pretty well for not having played for many, many months. Eventually that calmed me down.
BUT I GET TO DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN TOMORROW!
Good thing Kasumi is always ready to fight, I'm going to need the release.

No comments:

Post a Comment