Friday, December 7, 2012

I'll be brief (for the first time in the history of this Blog)

Today was a pretty low key day, especially after the endorphin high of yesterday. I'm still having a hard time believing I own such a beautiful titan ponytail doll, and for such a great price. I'm almost afraid to touch her in case it turns out to all be a dream.
I spent most of my time working on the blog. I'm a couple days behind and I want to get all caught up on it. It has a nasty habit of really getting out of hand and eventually I just move on instead of getting everything written and posted. And I really hate knowing there's these random gaps in the blog like that. But today I worked on some and got them ready for publishing. Right now the only post that I'm still working on what happened yesterday. There's still five days of posts waiting to be published, but those are just waiting for pictures and a final read through before I get them up. Hopefully tomorrow I can get those all sorted out.
I didn't spend all day today in front of my computer, I also did some sewing. I took another stab at Charlotte's Christmas outfit. I decided that I wasn't really ready to give up on it just yet. I was however ready to give up on that pattern I was working on. I made an entirely new (simpler) one for the cape.... and I'm still not a fan. This one is better, but it's still not clicking for me. I think that this was the final attempt for the outfit, I've spent enough time working on it when there's been no glimmer of hope for it.
But it's not a total loss, working on that lead me to another Christmas dress that could inspire me for Charlotte, it didn't but it lead me to something else that eventually inspired me enough to draw a picture for something for Charlotte. Again it's not at all your classic Christmas dress, but that's always how that plays out for Charlotte. I'm not able to start working on it right now because I don't have the right colored thread, but I am thinking about sewing it in my head, so that's a good sign. I just hope I have enough time to make it, like most of Charlotte's clothing it uses a lot of little pieces and I still have a lot to do before Christmas and can't devote as much time as usual to sewing this month.
I won't say too much right now, but I will leave you with a little teaser.
Think "Victorian"!

No comments:

Post a Comment