Sunday, December 30, 2012

Ouch...ouch...ouch...

I was not in a good place the day after Christmas. I'm not talking about that general depressed feeling you get after the Christmas rush has passed, I was in physical pain. It started around two in the morning, I work up with a terrible toothache and some stomach issues. I guess I overdid it with crunchy snacks yesterday. I know an easy remedy for my stomach issues, but I'd have to go downstairs into the kitchen to get it. The kitchen that is connected by a door less frame to the living room were my sister and her husband were sleeping. And I didn't want to go downstairs in the middle of the night making noise and turning on the lights. So I got up, stayed in my room, and suffered. Around five both aches had dulled enough for me to attempt to go back to bed. I did manage to fall back asleep and get a couple more hours of rest, but I'm still rather tired today. I haven't been sleeping well the past couple of nights, and I've been doing more running around during the day than I'm used to.

Luckily there's not much planned for the day after Christmas around here. Basically it was more hanging out with my sister and her husband. I wasn't planning on being around much since I was so tired and my tooth was still sore, but I ended up sitting down and chatting with everyone for a while. But we didn't spend the entire day just chatting, we actually ended up going out.

I know, I know, I shouldn't have. And it was my fault. I had mentioned the last time I had been at the antique stores that there was a lot of stuff that my sister's husband might be interested in. The problem is I know the general things he collects, but not the specifics. I know he likes comic books, Batman, Star Wars, and such, but I have no idea what he specifically collects or would think was a good buy. It's sort of like Barbie, yes I collect Barbie, but I don't collect everything that's out there. So I mentioned that it could be something that we did when they were here. Apparently that was something we were going to do today.
So I ended up going with them, I probably should have skipped it, but I wanted to go so I could point out some of the things of interest that I knew about... also who knew I might find something for myself! The first store was a total bust for everyone. I did find a doll I wanted to get, but when I saw that the dress she was wearing was torn I put her back, I was basically buying her for the dress she was wearing. The second store was much more successful. I did show our guest all the comic books I knew of, but he didn't find anything he wanted. He did however find a matchbox Batmobile he wanted, so that was good. And I found some stuff too... just not for myself. When I bought all those books for my father the other day I noticed that they also had a bunch of books in a series my mother reads. I mentioned that to her and she asked me to call her the next time I was there to see if there was any of them she didn't have. Since this was the next time I was there, I called her from the booth. Turns out the majority of them were the newer ones and she didn't have any of them. She ended up picking out six from all the titles I read to her. She didn't want to go overboard since she didn't know how much money I had. After I hung up with her I found something else in the booth. It was a box of vintage car magazines. They were from the 60's, 70's, and 80's, and about vintage cars. So they were Vintage vintage car magazines. The seller wanted 20 for them originally, but if they were considered books they would only end up being five dollars, ten if they weren't. I decided to get them. They would be perfect for my Grandfather who is one of the hardest people to buy presents for. I also picked up the remaining books that my mother had passed on. If the magazines were on sale too I could easily afford all of them. That was all I found there so I went downstairs and paid. They were all on sale, so I was able to get nine books and 29 magazines for 15 dollars, can't beat that if I tried.
The third and final store was pretty dull, but at this one my sister's husband found two comic books he wanted so that was good. Neither my father or I found anything we wanted in any of the stores, but sometimes that happens.
After we left there we were going to make a couple of stops in town. I asked my dad if he could hold off. I was getting tired of being out of the house, and I felt we shouldn't be dragging our guest around when we were doing chores, those can wait until tomorrow. So we went back home.
But some of us weren't going to be staying home. My sister and her husband ended up going out again. They were going out to the movies to see Les Miserables. They invited me to go along, but I so do not want to see it. The only song I was interested in was Anne Hathaway's version of "I dreamed a dream". I listened to it on Youtube already and found it so overwrought and melodramatic it was comical. Also it felt weird going out with the two of them, so I declined. It can be a date night for them, they were planning on getting dinner when they were out so they were going to be out for most of the evening. Which meant that I got to use it however I wanted!
I just used it to hang out in my room and relax. Not the most thrilling way to end the day, but lately that's been such a luxury that I cherished it!

No comments:

Post a Comment