Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pain, Pain, Go Away

I had a rough night sleeping last night. I don't know when it started but when I laid down for bed I realized I had a toothache. It was very minor, it wasn't a "OH NO I'M IN PAIN!" kind of deal, more like a dull throb. Not enough to make me seek immediate help, but it hurt enough so that it would keep waking me up during the night. I'm already a light sleeper and this certainly didn't help me any. I also had some terrible vivid dreams, including one where my Twiggy doll was in actuality a Casey doll that had been repainted, and now the paint was leeching off and into her skin. It was very depressing. So needless to say, I'm a bit groggy today, and my tooth still aches.
But life must go on. I was actually incredibly productive this morning in spite of my poor sleeping last night. I managed to get my entire backlog of posts posted here on the blog. I was about a week behind so I'm glad to be all caught up. I even went and took several pictures this morning just so I could get everything I had written published. Here's hoping that now I can keep on top of things and not get so backlogged. Although we all know that's going to keep happen, it's inevitable. *sigh*
Feeling tired and sickly didn't stop me from my cleaning chores today either. Since my brother finally moved his backpack I was free to clean the stairs and get the rest of the downstairs hallway fully clean. Today I swept them and even went so far as to get a wet towel and scrub each step. They are looking much better for my efforts. I didn't just finish the downstairs hallway today, I also worked on the upstairs hallway as well. It's pretty much finished except I need to move a couple things back to where they belong. But that can wait until I'm doing my final touch up when we're closer to Christmas. I'm counting it as finished. That's all I did today since I'm not feeling 100 percent. I didn't bother starting on any other rooms.
I did however start working on Charlotte's Christmas dress today. I decided I was done working with my muslin and actually cut it out in the final fabric. I was able to get the start of it worked on. I wasn't able to get too much done with it today since I had to stop and colorfast it. The dress is going to be red and white meaning I can't colorfast it when I'm done since the red will bleed into the white. So I'm going to have to do it before I finish making it, so today I started that with the skirt. I also cut out a couple more pieces that I haven't started with yet, so hopefully I won't be stuck waiting for things to dry in the future.
But now I'm going to bed, I'm super exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment