Friday, December 28, 2012

Slaving over a hot stove!

Even thought I was still seething from yesterday I couldn't let that get in the way of everything I had to do today. My sister was arriving tonight AND the house was still a mess AND I still needed to cook everything AND the next day was Christmas, so I couldn't put anything off. I set my alarm last night for seven this morning since I had a lot to do and a rapidly approaching deadline.
I hit the ground running and baking. Starting from 7:45 this morning I've made:
Two batches of Rice Crispy Treats (From Scratch),
Shortbread Cookies (From a Mix),
Chocolate Chip Cookies (From Scratch),
Sugar Cookies (From Scratch),
Cheesecake Mousse (From Scratch),
Chocolate Cream Pie (From a Mix),
Cranberry Jelly (From Juice),
Grape Jelly (From Juice),
And Meatloaf (From Scratch).
Needless to say it was pretty exhausting. I was cooking for about ten whole hours when you break it all down, quite the marathon. But I wasn't done there. I also was doing some cleaning all thru out the day. I still had to finish the upstairs bathroom, but also the rest of the house needed to be swept and done some minor upkeep, not to mention a final check to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I also finally decorated the house with the Christmas decorations. Since the cats are too curious for their own good we can't do it too early or risk them getting into trouble. Since I wanted everything to be set up before my sister got here I had to do it today. So I got the tree up and decorated, tinsel on the banister, and put our Christmas nicknacks up.
So you can see I was running around like crazy today.
My sister and her husband didn't get here until 10 PM. I was technically still awake, but just ready to pass out. I was just too exhausted to deal with anyone at that time, much less company. I didn't sleep very well last night (I never do when I know there's a lot I need to get done the next day) and I certainly tired myself out doing all I did today. I can see them in the morning, where I will (hopefully) be more well rested.

Merry (Belated) Christmas Eve Everyone!

P.S. The house eventually did get clean, the kitchen isn't as nice as it should be, but it's passable. I didn't think it would get cleaned, but it got done. It was a real photo finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment