So today was supposed to be working on the blog day... but that so didn't happen. I did try, but I just wasn't feeling it. I should have known this was going to happen. I keep making these rules for myself, but clearly rules are made to be broken, especially the ones I made and try to enforce for myself. I really should stop just making up stuff like that, I never listen to me.
Anyway, since blog writing was not going to happen today, I worked on something else. No, not sewing. Those projects I gave up on the other day are still banished to the closet. In all honestly, I'm not missing them one bit. And since I gave up on everything I was working on, that means I don't have anything to sew. So today I worked on finding vintage images that would inspire me to create. It took me a good while, but I did find a couple images that I liked. One of them even inspired me to sew.
It was a dress that would work for my TNT Stacey. I had a useable pattern, and some fabric in my stash I liked, so I was able to start working on it today. I was able to get most of it done pretty quickly, but when I was looking at it, it really wasn't matching up to the drawing. So I started tweaking it... and kept tweaking it.... and kept tweaking it. By the time I was finished I had practically a different dress. One that was still pretty, didn't really work for what I wanted. So I gave up on it. I realized that my issue was with my pattern, and there wasn't anything I could do to save that dress. It's still a nice dress, so you might see it some day on somebody else.
I did start working on a second version of the dress today as well. It will require me to do some major pattern adapting, but if that's how I'll be happy with the dress, so be it. This new pattern will require me working with a new type of dart that I've never used before, so that will be interesting. I did two versions of it today, but that's all.
Hopefully tomorrow I pick up where I left off, but with me, you'll never know.