Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year Everyone!

Hello Dear Readers, I'm sure you've all noticed my silence for the past couple of days. Fear not, I have returned to you all. I noticed that I gained another follower during my absence, I'll try to not take that personally that the moment that I finally shut up someone new decides to follow me.    
I hope everyone's been having a wonderful start to the new year. Mine's been pretty low key so far. My sister and her husband left this morning. Around 11 today they started their trip back to Philadelphia. Don't tell her that I'm saying this, but I will miss her. We didn't get along much when we were younger, but now that we're not living together and seeing each other that often things are better between us. I may even think that I actually like her. But if you tell her that, I will deny everything.
After they left I did some work in the living room, basically putting away all the Christmas stuff that was still up. I had already taken down the tree the day after our fake Christmas, but there was still several other decorations that were up that needed to be taken down. I would say right now there's about ten percent still upstairs, everything else has been put way in the basement for next year. I didn't spend too much time on that, but I wanted to start on it since I'm hoping to keep the house in some order now that it's clean.
I didn't spend too much time down there, I'm planning on doing a little bit every day until it's all done. After that I went up to my room. Now that is a disaster zone. Usually I'm pretty good about cleaning up after myself, but with cleaning the rest of the house, followed by being host for the past several days, on top of several nights of poor sleep I have not been on top of things. I literally have been letting things lay where they fall, and there's things heaped upon everything. So today I spent a while cleaning and organizing things. I'm nowhere near done, but at least it's a start.
I ended up quitting early because I'm still rather tired today. Being a good host is exhausting! It's going to take me a couple of days getting back onto the swing of things. It's going to take longer than that to get all caught up on my past blog posts, I don't have a thing written!

But that's going to have to wait for another night. It's pretty late right now, and I am exhausted. Hopefully I can get a decent night's sleep and be raring for tomorrow. I'm feeling oddly optimistic for 2013, hopefully it won't let me down!

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: Happy New Year. You're right to have guests at home is exhausting .. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good rest! Most of my Christmas is stuff is still all over the house so you are doing better than we are! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete