Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hmmmmm....

I started off today by working on the blog. I was able to get two posts finished and ready to publish. I could have posted them right then and there, but I held off. I'm honestly not sure why I didn't. Either way I didn't post them, but they're ready to go.
I would have started working on another late post, but I ended up going out. I had a realization the other day, about that fabric from Hobby Lobby I liked but didn't buy. And that was: it wasn't on sale. A pretty simple concept, but since it wasn't on sale at the usual 30 percent off that meant I could use the 40 percent off coupon on it, effectively saving myself 10 percent by not waiting. I know I said that the Stacey outfit I was going to use it on has been put on hold, but I think it would still work for any number of Mod outfits, so I decided to go ahead and get it. I had uploaded the coupon to my phone last night, so I was ready to go for today.
I did make a couple stops before heading out to Hobby Lobby, the two second hand stores. I didn't find much there. I did pick up a Britney Spears doll at the Salvation Army for resale (after I clean her up and do something about her matted hair). She's actually been there for a while, but I've held off buying her. Earlier in the month when I stopped in she was gone, so I figured that someone had bought her, but today she was back on the shelf with a couple of other dolls, so I decided to get her. She was nude, and unpriced. The woman checking us out charged us two dollars for her. Usually the nude dolls are only a dollar, but I didn't press the issue. That's all I found there. I did find a couple more things at the Goodwill, two dolls again for resale. I found a really nice conditioned Princess Tiana doll from "The Princess and the Frog". I don't think she got much actual play, her hair is still hard with gel. She does have some black spots on her face that hopefully will come off. She was wearing a pink princess style dress (not sure who's, but looks Mattel made). The sleeves are very similar to Snow White's. I think it's for the smaller torso dolls since it looks like Tiana was stretching it out some. I took if off her, I think I will resell this since I don't have any dolls who has that body type. And the second doll I bought there was a Barbie doll... or a friend of Barbie. She's using a newer style of face, and is on the Hobbit body. I bought her for the pink party dress she was wearing (which looks familiar, but I can't place it, does anyone recognize it?). Turns out the dress has a bit more wear than I thought, and I'm not sure if I can repair it. The doll is a bit of a mess. I don't think she was played with much, but she wasn't cared for all that well. I'm going to try and clean her up, but don't think she'll be worth that much. I only paid a dollar for each of those.
After those stores I went to Hobby Lobby. I did look around to see if there was anything interesting other than the fabric I was there looking for, but didn't see anything. So I just got a yard of the fabric and left. Using the coupon the fabric which cost 7.99 a yard only ended up costing me 5.13, including tax. So I think I made the right choice to not wait. Good thing I give myself a free pass every no Hobby Lobby month. I really like this fabric, and thing that I'll be able to make several different outfits for the collection with it...
eventually. The picture isn't that color accurate. I tried editing it in paint.net, but it really didn't help much. The colors are much brighter and more saturated that the picture shows.
That's all I got while out. Back at home I really didn't do much. I did start working on that wrapped skirt for Francie, I actually started the final one today. It went together pretty easily, if you don't count the piece that I could out wrong... TWICE! Eventually I cut it out correctly. I made the skirt, but I'm not sure if I like it. There's nothing wrong with it, but I'm not sure how much I like the silhouette on Francie. So I'm not sure if I'm actually going to continue with this outfit. I'll have to sleep on it and then decide.
There goes another chance of having a dressed doll for January!

No comments:

Post a Comment