Friday, January 11, 2013

One of those days.

I had a hard time getting motivated today. It wasn't until after noon that I finally got myself into gear. I started with cleaning. I managed to get my entire desk cleaned off, including getting some stuff put away that's been sitting around for a while, now if only I could keep it clean (but we all know I won't, I've fought that battle and keep losing).
Anyway, I did do some sewing today. I'm still working on that Francie outfit. The shirt and headband are still finished, leaving me with the shorts and the purse. Since I'm still looking for decent not see thru white fabric (Grr) I couldn't start on the shorts. So that left me with the redo of the purse. I was actually not doing much different than how I made the first one. I was however being more careful when I cut it out, and I changed the order of how I sewed it. This time it came out much better, I actually like this one. The fabric is still not totally even, but I think it's as close as I'll get it. Now I just have to finish the shorts, if only I can find the material (Grr).
And finally I've been collecting up spare dolls. Tomorrow is the doll meeting, and the theme is out with the old, meaning people are bringing stuff to sell and trade. I packed up a bag of random dolls, a Barbie case, and a lot of stuff from my Dollpage. I'm sure lots of what I have won't find takers, but I can at least try. And I would love to be able to trade some of this stuff for something I actually want. I mean, most of the money I get from these dolls I use to buy other doll stuff, so I might as well cut out the middle man if I can, right?
Here's hoping I can find stuff to trade for, I'd love to get rid of some of this stuff.

And I'm pleased to say that I'm slightly less nervous for this meeting than the last ones, so hopefully I'll be more social. 

No comments:

Post a Comment