Saturday, January 26, 2013

Picking Up Where We Left Off...

Yes, I'm still working on Stacey's dress. For all the times I've mentioned giving up on it, or how I should give up on it, I keep working on it.
I was looking over the dress I made yesterday. I noticed that the side seam wasn't actually at the side. It started off on the side, and the underarm area, but as it went down to the waist it moved forward. I wondered if that was what was causing that annoying ripple, so I tried fixing it. I took the pattern and traced it, then I took where it met the fold and shifted it slightly. That way I could add some width to the side and bottom, but not the top. I sewed up this new pattern... and wasn't pleased. The changes I did totally threw off the fit of the dress all over and I didn't like it. AND there still was rippling at the waist. I think I'm going to have to scrap this version of the dress and go back to the pattern I drafted yesterday.
So not much progress there.

But after I scrapped that and stopped working on that dress, I did do some cleaning. I got my desk cleaned off and made some progress on cleaning off my work table, so at least something got done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment