Monday, January 7, 2013

The start of the Week (If you don't count Sunday)

I did some sewing today, feels like I haven't done that in forever!
That's not true, I actually did some yesterday, but I really wasn't into it. I also had the worst case of rippling with the fabric, seriously it was really bad. But today I started with rethreading the machine, so that seemed to help. I still had some rippling, but I think that was partially due to the thin material I was working with.

I was working on a dress for my brunette ponytail, the one that I bought in the summer of last year. I had found an outfit online that I thought would work well for her. It certainly worked in my mind and on paper, but as I was working on it I found things weren't working out and I'd have to make tweaks and changes, and eventually what I was making was nothing like I originally planned. Now the design process is an organic one, and sometimes you end up liking what you made better than what's on paper, but this was not one of those cases. I really did not like what I was doing. So I gave up. I might go back to it at some point, but certainly not today. I put away my materials, packed away the patterns, and carefully wedged the Ponytail back onto the sewing cabinet. Done with that for now.

I ended up working on the blog some more, still several days behind, but I'm now slightly less behind. And hey, I did some sewing, felt good to actually get back on that horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment