Friday, March 22, 2013

I've got pants on the brain

So I was not as productive as I was yesterday. I'm not shocked since last night I did not sleep as well as I did the night before. It took me a while to fall asleep, and when I did I woke up several times in the night, including a time when I was wide awake in the middle of the night unable to fall back asleep for a bit. Fun times.
Even though I wasn't as rested as I wished I was, I wasn't as unproductive as I could have been (and have been). In the morning I got Baggie Casey's introduction post finished and published here on the blog.
In the afternoon actually I sat down for some sewing. I'm still working on that outfit for Malibu Francie, even if it meant I'm going back to work on the pattern for the shorts. I worked on that pattern for hours today, making minor tweaks in an effort to get it fitting decently. I think I made six versions today, could be more could be less. After a while they all start to look alike especially when you're not keeping track.
I managed to get a lot of issues worked out. But right now my biggest problem is the fit in the crotch. After several unsuccessful tweaks I ended up breaking down and busting out my "How to Make Sewing Patterns" bu Donald H. McCunn book hoping it would help me get a decent fit. That book was a lifesaver when I was working on Joe's pants. It did actually help, turns out the pattern I was using was way too long at the crotch, which is why I was getting such a terrible fit and some practically obscene wrinkles. So I took what I drafted from the book and added it to the pattern I was working on earlier, and made my final pair for the night. I could see that by changing the crotch did cut down on the wrinkles quite a bit. It still had some, but it was a step in the right direction.
I'm not sure if I'm going to work on it tomorrow or not. I'm a little tired of working on pants right now. Also I managed to give myself a paper cut at the tip of my right pointer finger, so I might give that a day off to heal so it stops hurting whenever I touch something. Also I'm also out of the cheap material I use to test out my pattern tweaks. The next time I'm out I'm going to have to buy another sheet. So I'm not really sure what I'm going to do tomorrow, we all will just have to wait to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment