Sunday, March 17, 2013

Out with the old, on to the new

All right, we are finally all caught up on stuff that happened during my hiatus (Just a heads up, I'm still working on the Oz Doll review) and now it's time to start talking about new things.

That's just easier said than done. Truth be told, there's really not a lot of new things going on around here.

I've been sort of stuck in my sewing for a couple months now. I sort of hit a wall in December and haven't been able to recover from it. It's true that I've attempted to sew things, but other than the Fashion Queen dress (which I started in early December before my creative block started), usually whatever I'm working on doesn't pan out and it just becomes fodder for the unfinished project box.

That being said, I actually am working on something right now. I started it on Saturday. Shockingly I haven't given up on it yet. It started out as an outfit for my Malibu Francie doll. I was using a spare SL Francie for my fit model since her hard plastic legs are easier for test fittings. I tried what I had on Malibu Francie today, and didn't think it worked for her. There are two other Francie dolls here that I can give the outfit to, but I'm not actually sure I will. I'm not sure it's what I want for them to wear. I'm planning on continuing to work on it since I literally have nothing else slated to work on, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it too ended up in the unfinished project box.


Yesterday I worked on the shorts, most of the machine sewing is done but I have to tear out the inseam and the back seam in order to fix a fit issue with them. I think that's what I'm going to do tomorrow. This outfit may end up never coming to fruition, but at least I could get a pair of Francie shorts finished.

It's the little victories, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment