Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Progress...ish?

First of all, let me with wishing my Mother a Happy Birthday. She's not a blog reader and I plan on keeping it that way, but I feel it should be acknowledged here on the blog. I've already wished her Happy Birthday several times today (both digitally and in person), so she knows how much I care. We all had dinner together as a family where we laughed, shared, and had a good time. I think she had a good day today.

I managed to squeeze in some sewing today too. I wanted to make some progress on Francie's outfit, but it was not meant to be. I started off with making a single sock. I managed to get the entire thing finished, including reinforcing the seams, but when I was cutting out the excess fabric, I misplaced my scissors and cut directly into the front of the sock. I HATE when that happens. I've done that several times over the years and I get so frustrated when it happens. All that work and botch it up in the final inning. So annoying.

But I didn't give up, I ended up cutting out two more socks from the fabric. I sewed these up, making super sure I didn't do that same thing I did to the last one. Luckily I didn't make the same mistake twice... this time. But I had a different problem with this pair, they ended up being too tight at the top. I made a mistake by forcing them onto Francie's legs in an effort to make them fit, but only ended up bending back a fingernail when trying to get them off when I couldn't get the top over Francie's calves. I finished them, but they just won't work for Francie.

However they do fit Skipper. I don't really need a pair of Skipper knee socks at this time, but at least someone can use them. I'm not giving up on Francie's socks, I'm going to have to tweak the seam allowance in the back a little, but they don't need that much work to fit her, and at least I have a decent pattern for Skipper now? (I'm trying to see the bright side of things)

Also, I should mention, this will be my last post for a couple days. I found out my sister and her Husband are coming for Easter on Sunday and the house needs to be cleaned. And there's nothing more boring than cleaning is hearing about cleaning. I will see you all on Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment