Monday, April 15, 2013

I have returned (yet again)

Hello Dear Readers,

Did you miss me? I missed you. Although I'm glad I gave up blogging for the week so I could focus on the house and whatnot. Like you already know my Grandparents were here for the weekend. It was good to see them, I do miss them. We ended up having my sister and her husband over on Saturday and my cousin over on Sunday. I think that worked out for the best so that there weren't too many people here at one time (our living room/dining room isn't that big) and there was always someone new to help keep the conversation going. Overall it was a good weekend.
I will however say that it's exhausting being a good host. Making sure everything goes smoothly really takes a lot of effort. Add that to my sleeping troubles (which have not gone away) I'm pretty exhausted. As much as I wish my grandparents could stay longer, I will be happy to get back to my regular schedule, but that's not for today.

Today ended up being a relaxing day/cleaning day. I didn't even want to think about doing any sewing today, I just wasn't in the mindset. So instead I took it off, and focused on getting my room in better order. During the week I sort of let things fall where they lay and focused on the rest of the house. Today I worked on cleaning off my desk, and a couple other key spots in the room. I eventually turned my attention to the bookcase that houses the collection. It too has gotten a little messy. I ended up pulling all the dolls off the vintage shelf, dusting it, then giving the dolls themselves some TLC.

I dusted some of them, washed one of them, powdered some of their faces, and fixed the hair on some of them. I even changed someone's clothes! (A pretty big deal on that shelf!) I only managed to get that one shelf done, but it looks a lot better for my efforts. I think tomorrow I might do it again for another shelf. Right now everything's dusty and could use some sprucing up. I took a picture of my hard work. Not sure why it's so blurry, but I figured I'd share it anyway.

Anyway, I don't wish to tease you, but I also have several new things to share with you all. Several new dolls have joined the collection late last week and early this week. It's all pretty exciting, and I'll be sharing that over the next several days.

So that's what was good about today.... but there was plenty of bad to counter that. My heart is heavy whenever I think about what happened in Boston today. I know lots of people from there, and while luckily none of them were injured by the explosions, it's still extremely upsetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment