Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Not what I wanted, but I'm not mad

I ended up not making much progress on Kelley's dress today. All I did today was sew down the skirt at the waist, iron the apron, sew the apron waistband, and replace the ribbon bow in front. I do like it a lot, but it didn't motivate me to work on it. I have however been playing with her for a little bit so that's a good sign.

Instead of working that dress I ended up working on something else. I had an idea for my Brunette number five Ponytail, and I wanted to try it out. I ended up making the shirt before I decided I wasn't going to bother making the pants. I just wasn't feeling it. With this doll I have a vague idea of certain aspects for her outfit, but haven't figured everything out. Sometimes it takes several false starts before things fall into place. I'm not too bothered over this less than successful attempt. I don't plan on finishing the shirt right now, but maybe at some point I will. It's still a perfectly useable shirt, so I didn't totally waste the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment