Wednesday, April 24, 2013

This happened today...

I'm pleased to say that the glue worked wonderfully for both Barbie and Skipper. I was able to ease Barbie's head back onto her body without the tear opening up again, and Skipper's foot is now sealed shut. I was a little messy with applying the glue to Skipper, so there's a little more visible on the outside than I would have liked, but it's not that big of a deal. It's certainly better than what it was before. I'll just have to be more careful when applying it from now on. Although, hopefully I won't have to apply it too often, I usually try to avoid dolls with neck splits, or leg splits.

I even took White Ginger out for a quick photo shoot. I've been thinking about making an actual effort to contribute to "In the Pink" again. Lately I haven't been photographing dolls that much, and when I do it's just a quick shot I slap up on here and Flickr and be done with. They're very nice and I do like when people comment on my pictures... but I don't always feel welcome there. It's not that I don't feel unwelcome, it's just I don't feel like part of the "in" group there. I understand this is totally in my head, but I still feel that way. Either way, I dressed White Ginger in one of the few vintage Barbie dresses I own, swiped Midge's stand, and took her to the back porch for some pictures. Here's the best one from the lot after some photo editing:
I wish the pond didn't look so brown.... but it could be worse. At least it's not green like when it's covered with algae, that looks really bad.
I also took a picture of Skipper's bald head to share with you all (just for you guys though, I'm sure the people of In the Pink don't want to see that). This is to help people with suggestions for what hair color I should re-root her in. You can see how pale she is. I placed her in Charlotte's lap so you can see her skin tone compared to the modern Fashionisa tan. Feel free to comment in the comment section your hair color thoughts.

And I did some doll sewing today, but nothing good. All I managed to do was destroy a Barbie dress I was working on. That's been happening a lot lately. I've been destroying a lot more dresses than I've been finishing. So far this year I've finished one thing, ONE THING!!!! I'm in a serious slump. I was hoping that I could muscle through and eventually get back into where I was back in December when the trouble all started, but that's just not happening. Not only am I not sewing, after all these disasters I don't even want to sew anymore. So again, I think it's time from a blogging hiatus. It's really for the best so I don't have this blog hanging over my head. I'm not going to give myself any deadline for this since I really don't know when I'll be back.

I do believe I will be back though.

No comments:

Post a Comment