Thursday, May 9, 2013

I have a question for people

Hi Everyone,

Still on my hiatus... things are still where I left them with you last, but I had a question for everyone.

It's a "what would you do in this situation" kind of question.

I am Facebook friends with Mel Odom (the creator of the Gene doll), from what he's said I've deduced that he's planning on being in NC (his birth state) in July. I assume to visit friends and family. Part of me wants to contact Linda (president of the doll club) and mention it to her with the idea of maybe we could send him an invite for some sort of evening get together as a doll club with someone who's very ensconced with the creating/business aspect of the doll industry? The thing is, he hasn't said "I'm going to be in NC in July", I've just put two and two together about it. I'd hate to intrude in his personal life, but when will a chance like that happen again?

So, would it be creepy to mention it to Linda?

2 comments:

  1. i think it would be better to make it like a blanket invite. something like "i notived you're from nc, if you're ever back visiting the area, our doll club would love to have you as a guest at one of our meetings." that way he would know you're interested in meeting with him and he could try to make some time in his schedule without feeling like he's being stalked. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that sounds like a perfect solution!

      Delete