Thursday, May 30, 2013

I need to vent!

You all know how I don't like to complain (stop laughing), but I have to get this off my chest.

So I'm waiting for a doll in the mail (I said stop laughing!). It's coming from Maryland. It got into the mail on Tuesday (since Monday was a holiday) and with the tracking stated it was due in today. Everything seemed to be going according to scheduled when it arrived in Greensboro yesterday at 1:40 in the afternoon.

BUT

BUT

BUT

That's when things went awry.

For some reason the 40 minute drive from there to here ended up taking much, much, much longer than it should have, meaning that my package didn't get into town until 10:30 this morning. Which is way too late for it to be sorted and sent out with today's mail. Meaning that my delivery date got pushed back by an entire day.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

It's just so frustrating when I was expecting it to be here today. I know it's nothing super important that can't wait one day, but I hate having to wait when I've already waited for it!

I just wish I could go into town and pick it up at the Post Office myself, I mean it's there and it belongs to me!

Gimmie!

Gimmie!

Gimmie!

Update: In some strange turn of events, she was delivered today. I checked the tracking information page this afternoon around four even though I had accepted she wasn't going to get here until tomorrow. While it still said she was going to get here tomorrow, it also said she had been delivered. I quickly went out to the mail box, and sure enough she was here! So I guess the Post Office likes to mess with me... Either way, thank you Postal Service for getting her for me on time!
 

2 comments:

  1. I had that happen a couple of times with the post office. I've had items say delivered and then got them the next day. Miracle of miracles when it shows up a couple of hours after the delivery time.

    Glad she arrived :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite was when I went into the PO because our mail carrier wasn't even attempting to deliver packages (just leaving the slip, without knocking or ringing or anything... and we would have been sitting there all day waiting)... so I went into the office to complain and the woman working told me (literally, word for word) "It's not our job to deliver your packages."

    WUH????????
    http://travelingtwig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete