Sunday, June 30, 2013

Section Two, Item Five

Today's item is something different, it's vintage... G.I. Joe! I literally just looked this up and found it out. (I did have a sneaking suspicion of it). It's a life jacket from a 1960's G.I. Joe Navy play set. It's made from a orange cotton fabric, with white bias tape ties and details. It's rather bulky with several areas that are stuffed. I know it's just a toy, but it's nothing like the real thing. If someone was wearing this in the water, they'd sink! No bathtub play for you, Joe! Overall it's in good shape. It doesn't have any stains or holes, there is some fraying to the front ties and overall it's a little dingy. I plan on washing it and keeping it, don't think I'll ever use it, but I do think it's a bit cool. And the ties preserve Barbie's modesty!

No comments:

Post a Comment