Monday, July 7, 2014

Sooooooooooooooooo Unmotivated

Ugh, I have just been so unmotivated lately. 
It happened suddenly a few weeks ago where I just lost all enthusiasm for anything. Typically when something like this happens it just means I've become focused on something and everything else has faded into the background. But right now, I don't have anything that manages to get my butt up and moving. Not dolls, not video games, nothing. It's really weird when even dolls (including new dolls) fail to motivate me.
I've tried forcing myself to get productive, but it's hard to keep doing that especially when it fails to catch on. I'll force myself to do one simple thing and once I've done it I go back to sitting around. And it's the darnest thing, this is a tell tale sign of a depression, but I don't feel depressed. I feel highs, I feel lows, I just don't feel motivated. I just feel like doing nothing compared to doing anything.

Well that's not true, I can still be motivated to make a mess. Tonight's goal is to put away all the messes I made today. I can't be bothered to put the old stuff away, but I can at least keep it from getting worse. And it's soooooo hard to do. I'm so unmotivated I'm not sure if I'll even be able to get this simple blog post finished.

If anyone finds my motivation can you please send it back to me?
I miss it.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Aubrey,
    I think we all get that. your creative battery just need to recharge. you'll get your groove back before you know it. In the meantime, just enjoy and relax.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. I was in the same spot just a little while ago. What turned things around for me was change. I started using my fabric scraps to make doll quilts, which is something I haven't done before, and holy crap, I've been on a quilting rampage! I just got a new idea for a red/green/black/white scrap quilt, and I'm so excited I don't think I'll be able to sleep.

    Maybe a change would work for you? If ya don't want to go crazy with a new hobby, I've noticed that the doll world has been overtaken by Cleaning Fever. Lots of reorganizing going on.

    I hope you get your groove back soon!

    ReplyDelete