Thursday, October 9, 2014

I sure hope it's worth it

I'm going to start this post off with a picture:
See that pile of hair next to Charlotte? (big round of applause for Charlotte being our comparison model) That came off me. Yes, I cut my hair today for the first time in like two and a half years.

And I so didn't want to.

However, I have a job interview tomorrow and my Mother suggested I cut my hair and I agreed with her. It's a little more professional looking for a man to have shorter hair. (Darn society norms). I dragged my feet on it as long as I could, but tonight I bit the bullet and did it. The hair that is no longer attached to me will be packaged up and sent off to Locks of Love. The hair that is still attached to me will be heading off to a job interview tomorrow. I am rather nervous about it. It's for a managerial position in a retail (fabric) store. I don't have a lot of experience being a manager (and none being a manager of a retail location), but I know the product and I'm a quick learner. I'm just going to have to go in and prove that I can do the job. Nerves be darned!

Wish me luck!
(And wish me fast growing hair, I miss being able to twirl it around my finger!)  

3 comments:

  1. Hello Night Owl,
    I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Stay calm and blow them away.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the interview. I don't see what hair has to do with managing ability, but unfortunately there are those who think there's a connection!

    ReplyDelete