Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope everyone had a happy new year'seve and a so far the new year is treating you well. My new years eve was mostly good. I'm currently dealing with another sinus infection. Luckily it's nowhere near as bad as the one that knocked me out of commission in the fall. I'm on day four of dealing with it and I'm trying to do my regular routine just feeling tired and lousy while doing it. But last night I spent some time with my family. We played some board games, two games of Clue (the "new" 2013 edition which I did not care for) and one game of Apples to Apples. I lost both Clue games (just barely), but won Apples to Apples.

But now it's 2015, I wanted to share my New Year's resolutions with you all.

1. Get my finances in order. This includes getting a job, paying off what I owe, keep selling stuff on E-bay, putting money back into my bank account, and most importantly, stop buying things. This one is pretty big since it covers a lot, but I really do need to be better about my money. I'm most likely not able to flat out stop buying dolls, but I need to be more selective and let more deals pass. I'm also going to try and curb my items for resale. I want to get out of the E-bay game, but I can't do that if I keep buying stuff for it. Fabric also falls under this resolution. Just because I like a fabric doesn't mean I have to buy it. I need to wait until I have an actual project in mind for it if I'm going to buy it.

2. Start eating better and working out more. I've been very bad lately and it needs to stop. I'm going to ease myself into this because normally I try to do a total 180 on my exercise and eating habits and I get defeated quickly and give up. So I'm going to focus on starting small and building from there to hopefully get long term results.

3. Buy a new camera. This is a bit contradictory with my first resolution, but I seriously need a new camera. In fact the one I'm using right now isn't even my camera, it's my parents. And it's ancient (in terms of camera years). I've noticed that my pictures are getting blurrier and blurrier. I think a camera upgrade is something that will make my life a lot easier. I've already been doing some shopping around for one and I've found a couple that could work. If anyone has some recommendations I'd love to hear them. Right now I'm looking for cameras under 100 dollars, I'd feel more comfortable spending 80. I don't need anything too fancy, I just need a good average camera. You've all seen my pictures I'm hardly a photographic artist.

And that's it! (But I think that's plenty). I'm hoping 2015 is better than 2014. 2014 wasn't that bad (compared to other years), but ... it was a bit of a rut for my family. Nothing bad happened (thank goodness), but nothing good happened either. And when you're kind of just above water, you need something good to happen.

So may 2015 bring us all favor!

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Aubrey! I hope your year will be a happy, healthy, successful year. Maybe a tip for the camera: I bought mine at reduced price because it was a showroom model, that way I had the chance to buy a better camera at a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the sinus infection clears soon. I wish you a happy new year. I'm looking for problems I can solve where I'll get paid, too. Here's to success for us all in 2015.

    ReplyDelete