Friday, June 26, 2015

Three Little Lads are We

If you've read any post from this blog you'd know that my collection is mostly vintage, but lately I have been dabbling more and more into dolls from Integrity Toys. Around here Integrity is still very outnumbered by Mattel. They're just so expensive and I am just so cheap. I can't see this changing unless I win the lottery or is adopted by a rich European Baron (finger's crossed!).

I do have one Fashion Royalty head, Vanessa (my favorite sculpt from that line) on a articulated Barbie body, two Dynamite Girls that I got in a trade, and a Homme doll head that I upgraded to a Cheerleader Ken body. Recently I added two Homme dolls fulfilling a long standing want of mine for the collection. However, I still want more (shocking). There are a few of the Fashion Royalty dolls that I like (mainly Vanessa's), but when just their heads go for more than 100 dollars I don't think they're going to be joining the collection any time soon. Like I said, cheap. Lately I've been getting more and more into male dolls. I have so many female dolls that I've been more interested in adding a variety of men to the collection. I was hoping that since I was now working that I could finally purchase a Dynamite Boy doll, but apparently they're taking a year off for 2015? I still hold out hope that the AHS dolls will have a least one male doll, but since they're a licensed property they're going to be $$$. So I'm not holding out any hope I'll be able to afford them.

I was over on E-bay looking to see the cheapest price a Homme doll goes for, since I like making clothes for my dolls I usually see if I can buy them nude for cheaper. Or buy them dressed and resell the clothes. I didn't see any that really were in my price range, even nude they tend to be pretty expensive. However I did see an auction, for a Homme head on a cheap Ken body. I checked the seller's other listings and they had two other Homme dolls listed with Ken bodies. They were all 24 hour auctions that were started on Friday night and ending on Saturday. I put all three under my watch list and left it at that. The next day I checked on the listings several times during the day. The auctions didn't garner much interest. I ended up bidding on all three and getting them for the opening bids. I got the three heads for 19.99 each plus 10 dollars priority mail shipping. Not too shabby since usually the heads alone get listed for that much.

The seller was really great with communication and the speed of which they contacted me and got the package into the mail. It's nice knowing that some seller's still do things in a reasonable amount of time.

The first head I got I believe is Cruz, however I'm not sure which one he is. He has a tanned skin tone, blue eyes, black hair, and light pink lips. He came on a Beach line Ken body. The second doll is Chip, Poppy Parker's boyfriend. I think he's the "My Generation" doll. He has sandy blonde hair and blue green eyes. He's really pale. He actually came on the Twilight Edward body (the one with the glitter infused in the torso). The last doll is also from Poppy Parker, it's Sebastian. He's actually a repeat, my first Homme was Sebastian. However for the price, he was worth getting. I might end up customizing him (re-root?), but for right now he ends up as is. Currently he's on a very mis-matching newer Fashionista Ken body.

I was too lazy too set up my usual photo backgrounds, so I had to do some super cropping to crop out my dirty computer screen.
I do plan on getting them new bodies, the ones they're on now just don't work for them. The Ken bodies will be donated to the doll club for the doll donation project. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for bodies for them? My main criteria are; articulated, not too expensive, and good for their proportions.

Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. How about an Ever After High guy body? There are also some really cheap super articulated bodies sold that fit Hot Toys figure heads. I'm going to do a review of one of those on the blog soon, so you can check it out and see if it suits you before you buy. The skin tone is a little weird though. I'll have to compare it to some other dolls for example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking into the Ever After High bodies but I'm worried they might be too small? For a non-playline doll, these guys have pretty big noggins. I'd love to see your review on the action figure body. I did a lot of research back when I was looking for Joe's replacement body, but I'm out of the loop with what's out there now.

      Delete
  2. Speaking of Integrity, I don't know if you saw my comment below, but they did produce a small line of 12" Gene dolls, called mini Genes. Best wishes getting one, if you want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see your comment, sorry about that. I'm just so bad at reading comments. Wow, those mini Genes are cute, but so expensive! Maybe some day! Thanks for telling me about it!

      Delete
  3. Hello Aubrey,
    Great finds! The faces are quite well done.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very glad to be able to add them to my collection.

      Delete