Saturday, January 2, 2016

A (Fashionably) Late Christmas Post

Sheesh, it's been since mid-November that I've posted anything here! 

Sorry about that everybody. 

Now that I'm working December is just a blur. Since I'm working retail that's our busiest time so they just piled on the hours. I went from working 4 days a week at around 25 hours, to 5 days at almost 40 hours. And that's not including the week where they asked me to work 6 days instead of five. I ended up working 8 days in a row in that stretch! If I wasn't at work, I was resting from work, or preparing to go to work. I was also dealing with a (luckily minor) cold during that time. I'm glad I got a good head start on the families Christmas shopping. I got most of it done early and just had a few straggler presents that needed to get purchased before the big day.

Other aspects of Christmas weren't so lucky. I really didn't get a chance to do any Christmas decorating this year, not even the dolls! I got a grand total of three of them into their Christmas clothes, the rest of them spent their (luckily warm) December's nude. I had grandiose plans of even doing some holiday sewing and bought plenty of fabric but the only thing I made was a Christmas tree skirt for my mini-tree to cover the new wooden base of it since the original plastic base got broken in storage and was no longer keeping the tree upright. I do keep blaming work, but my Christmas eyes are always bigger than my Christmas stomach and I always have bigger plans than I accomplish. At least now I know if I'm still working retail next December that I need to get started on Christmas as early as possible. If I hold off until December I just won't have time to get it done! For me (personally) Christmas will have to start after Halloween!

While the pre-Christmas season was a bit of a rush and had plenty of irate customers, I still love Christmas. My family had a good Christmas, again a low key one. I didn't even put up the tree! I used the mini-tree instead. It wasn't a doll heavy Christmas this year. I got an X-box 360 (that I mostly paid for), a pair of glasses for Joe, a pair of Grocho Marx glasses that mostly fit Joe, four large golden plastic shoe decorations specifically from my father, a Disney Barbie from my sister, and a display made from images cut from a film of Sleeping Beauty also from my Sister. It was a good Christmas.

Now that it's over, I'm hoping to get back into my normal routine. Work has dialed down considerably, the past two weeks I've only been working three days. Which is a lousy paycheck, but it does give me time to work on things outside of work for the first time in weeks. Lately I've been working on cleaning up the mess. In December things kind of just piled up around here. I just did not have the time or the energy to deal with them. So I've been working on cleaning up, putting away, and throwing out what I can. Hopefully I'll be getting back into dolls and dolls sewing before too long. I still want to do my Christmas sewing. I'm thinking that if I start in January, I might actually get things done before Christmas 2016! I'm also going to be getting back into E-bay. I have lots of stuff to list. I'm setting myself a goal of 10 new listings for this month. I took December off, but I think that goal is reachable and will get me back into the swing of things. 

I hope everyone who celebrates had a Merry Christmas and is having a great 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment